EducationGraduate with a BS degree in Biomedical Engineering at UC Davis with GPA of 3.74
Rate: $60/hr. I accept credit card
ExperienceI am currently working in a Protein Lab at Sacramento State University and pursuing a Master's degree in Biomedical Engineering. To me, there is nothing more rewarding than helping a student to understand a hard subject. During school time, I love helping my friends to understand the lecture and homework. I also love making study guides before any exams as they will help me and my friends to get "A". I have acquired many skills in studying, time management,financial management, career orientation, resume writing,communication, leadership and many more through out my school life. I am more than happy to teach my students these special and effective skills. Here are some of my tutoring highlights:
*** 7 YEARS of tutoring experience ***
- Tutoring Center at Cosumnes River College
- Tutoring Center at UC Davis
- Class TA at UC Davis, Cosumnes River College
- Lab Assistance at Sacramento State University
- Best private tutor on the market
Subjects that I have been tutoring:
- Math: All level up to Differential Equations and Linear Algebra
- Chemistry: All level up to Organic Chemistry
- Biology: basic biology courses, Microbiology, Biochemistry
- Physics: both Calculus type and Application type Physics
- Statistic: basics and up to Linear line of regression, multivariate data analysis
- Econ: MacroEcon and MicroEcon
- Programming: Matlab, C++
- SAT and ACT prep: Math and Science parts
Students that I have had the pleasure of helping:
- Elementary students
- Middle school students
- High school students: Mira Loma, Rio Americano, Franklin, Elk Grove, C.K.Mcclatchy, Natomas, Folsom, Ponderosa, Oak Ridge
- Community college students: CRC, SCC, FLC, ARC
- University Students: Sacramento State University, UC Davis, UOP, UC Berkeley
Special Teaching Method:
- Positive reinforcement to encourage excellence responses from students
- NEVER give out straight answers
- ALWAYS lead students to the right track of solving any specific problems, and let students work on the problem themselves
- ALWAYS provide the best answers to students after
- ALWAYS summarize the problem after to recap mistakes, methods, bigger pictures and any clues for future references
- ALWAYS ENCOURAGE independence and confidence in students, especially during test time
- Time management skills and work orientation skills are also taught during sessions.
- ALWAYS motivate student to reach higher goals and get higher scores.
- Provide general guidelines for college, university, SAT, ACT.
Besides being an effective tutor, setting up a good example for my student is also very important to me. I am always polite, respectful, cheerful, calm, enthusiastic, encouraging, mature, career and family oriented and informative. I thank you very much for spending your time reading my entire profile. I usually respond to your request within a day (mostly within a couple hours). I hope to hear from you soon.
I am available to tutor in the following locations: Davis, Sacramento (N, W, E, S), Natomas, Elk-Grove, Roseville, Rancho Cordova, El Dorado Hills, Woodland, Carmichael, and other locations nearby.
HobbiesI love reading books about human to human interaction,personal skills. I also like to play poker as I think it is a game of mind and strategies.
General Chemistry, Thermochemistry, SAT Subject Test in Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, PCAT Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, IB Chemistry SL, IB Chemistry HL, Honors Chemistry, GRE Subject Test in Chemistry, GRE Subject Test in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, Statistics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, AP Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, SAT Subject Test in Physics, Physics, IB Physics SL, IB Physics HL, GRE Subject Test in Physics, AP Physics 2: Mechanics, AP Physics 2: Electricity and Magnetism, Geometry, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, Differential Equations, Statics, Microbiology, General Biology, Cell Biology, Biology, AP Biology, AP Physics 1, Pre-Algebra, Linear Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Elementary Algebra, Developmental Algebra, College Algebra, CLEP College Algebra, Algebra 3/4, Algebra 2, AP Calculus BC, 7th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 4th Grade math, 3rd Grade math, 2nd Grade math, 1st Grade math, 11th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 10th Grade math, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, 8th Grade math, Calculus 1, Calculus 3, CLEP Precalculus, Algebra 1, Pre-Calculus, AP Calculus AB, Calculus 2, CLEP Calculus, Multivariable Calculus, AP Statistics, Biostatistics, IB Mathematical Studies SL, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Mathematics, SAT Math, PSAT Mathematics, Middle School Math, Mathematical Foundations for Computer Science, Math, Math, IB Mathematics SL, IB Mathematics HL, Business Statistics, IB Further Mathematics HL, GRE Subject Test in Mathematics, Finite Mathematics, Elementary Math, CLEP College Mathematics, CAHSEE Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, ACT Math, ACCUPLACER College-Level Math, 9th Grade math
Client Reviews (13)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.